With Calmotion units that have a LCD display. There is a Option selection for setting the Mid-tape search text. This allows the operator to search for text in the program and start in the middle of the program. Any text can be searched for it can be a line number or a tool number, as long as the text exists in the file (no spaces allowed). This is described in the user manual.
For example, To start on T15 and the text T15 exists in the file:
1) Select DNC
2) Select the file to DNC to CNC
3) Select Opt. with the left button
4) Select Mid-tape with the left button
5) Scroll to the letter T then press the right button to go to Next character
6) Scroll to the number 1 then press the right button to go to Next character
7) Scroll to the number 5
8) Press the middle button to go to Cont. to finish the T15 entry
9) Press the middle button to go to Cont. to proceed with DNC
10) Press the middle button to Start DNC
11) Wait while the T15 is found in the file selected
12) DNC data will start after the line with T15 is found in the file.