-Check that the correct power and orientation is connected to Calmotion before turning on for first time.
-Leave the RS232 disconnected on the first power on to verify Calmotion powers up correctly
-Use only the supplied cables and connectors. Do not add additional cables.
Was the RS232 working previously on this CNC with another device, like a computer's RS232?
1) Set the Calmotion Settings to same settings that the PC was using for it's RS232
2) Use Calmotion cables and connectors to connect directly to the CNC RS232. Do NOT add or reuse previous devices cables or connectors.
NO, the RS232 was not used previously on this CNC:
1) Find the current CNC's parameters for the RS232 and set the Calmotion to same settings. (or request typical settings from Calmotion by providing the Control model used on the machine).
2) Use only Calmotion cables and connectors to connect directly to the CNC RS232.
3) Start by sending a program from the CNC to the Calmotion.
a) Start the Calmotion receiving the data first.
b) Second start the CNC transmission.
c) When CNC finishes transmitting the program, check the file to see if program data was received. If file is empty then the parameters are wrong or the cables are wrong.