The LANCNC-FAD controller, designed especially for Fadal CNC’s, provides FTP server functionality for Fadal machining centers. This unique controller allows users to add an Ethernet or wireless data server at the CNC. Program files can be sent to/from the data server and any Fadal CNC. Large files that will not fit in the memory of the CNC can be drip fed (DNC) directly from the data server. The standard capacity is 4 GB with options for additional memory storage.The LANCNC-FAD has been designed to operate with standard software that comes with a PC such as Internet Explorer from Microsoft. There are no additional licenses or additional interface software requirements. A programmer can simply drag and drop a file from his PC to the data server. Once loaded on the server, an operator can load the file into CNC memory or drip feed a program directly from the file server. An operator can also save a program from machine memory onto the server. Commands are typed into the LANCNC-FAD controller via the Fadal machine tool pendant keypad. The file information is viewed on the monitor as if it were an integral part of the control. An active help menu displays all of the available commands, eliminating the requirement to memorize file interface commands.A search and mid-tape start function is also available providing a machine operator the ability to start at a specific location in a program file in the case of tool breakage. Preparatory data can also be typed in prior to executing a mid-tape start. X-Modem protocol can also be selected to ensure the highest level of data packet transmission communication with the CNC.
The LANCNC-FAD accepts a DC power input range from 7-30VDC rererenced to serial port ground. The 12 volt power supply in most Fadal machines has low output wattage capability. A separate power supply is recommended.
- Ethernet connection using standard FTP protocol. No special software required.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
- 147.5 MHZ 32 bit embedded processor
Create wireless connection with off the shelf wireless access point hardware
- DNC (drip feed) from USB or data server
- Local connection of the server to the
- CNC is independent from the network & eliminates risk due to network outages.
- Panel mount USB connection
- Commands executed from machine's pendant.
- Mid-tape start with search function.
- Insert preparatory data prior to DNC
- Tape input for file loading into CNC memory
- Punch CNC memory file to data server
- Multiple directory file support
- Connects to any version of Fadal CNC
- Save and restore machine parameter and survey information.
- Remote file server access from the CNC (option)