The LANCNC acts as an FTP server for file storage that in turn an operator can access at the control panel on a CNC. Connection to the FTP server can be done with standard software tools that are provided with most PC’s. No logon is required as the LANCNC FTP Server accepts anonymous logins. Special software is not required. The most popular of these are Explorer and Internet Explorer from Microsoft. Anyone on the network can drag and drop files to the CNC server where they can be transferred to machine memory or drip fed (DNC). Conversely, files residing in CNC memory can be sent to the data server where they can be accessed by anyone on the network. File information is stored on an SD card resident on the LANCNC. A 4 GB SD card is provided as standard. Other sizes may be substituted. In the event of a network outage, the SD card may be removed and inserted into a PC. Files can be added or stored at the PC and replaced in the LANCNC.The LANCNC employes a unique design to provide network lag protection. CNC controls can be extremely sensitive to the flow of data through the RS-232 port. Any disruption to this flow can create problems in the part being machined. To protect against this, the LANCNC always buffers the entire program at the machine. The LANCNC is a dedicated computer that responds immediately to changes in the data flow to and from the CNC. Since the programs are buffered or stored on the LANCNC, the LANCNC continues to run even if the network fails. If the network starts to lag or lose integrity, the LANCNC will continue to run in real time.
The LANCNC accepts a DC power input range from 7-30VDC rererenced to serial port ground. A separate power supply option 115/230VAC is available in cases where additional protection is desired or low voltage power is difficult to source.
- Ethernet connection using standard FTP protocol. No special software required.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
- 147.5 MHZ 32 bit embedded processor
Create wireless connection with off the shelf wireless access point hardware
- DNC (drip feed) from USB or data server
- Local connection of the server to the
- CNC is independent from the network & eliminates risk due to network outages.
- Panel mount USB connection
- Commands executed from machine's pendant.
- Mid-tape start with search function.
- Insert preparatory data prior to DNC
- Tape input for file loading into CNC memory
- Punch CNC memory file to data server
- Multiple directory file support
- Connects to any version of Fadal CNC
- Save and restore machine parameter and survey information.
- Remote file server access from the CNC (option)