Windows has a program called IPCONFIG. When this program is run on Windows using the CMD application, it will display the current network settings on the computer:
1) Run the CMD program on Windows. (Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard, then type CMD)
2) Run the IPCONFIG application at the prompt in Command Prompt (see image above)
3) Locate the current IPv4 IP address the computer is using (see image above)
4) Insert the Calmotion SD card into the computer to open the SD contents.
5) Edit the LANCNC.INI file on the SD card so that the IP ADDRESS uses the first 3 numbers used by the network, the last number pick a high # for example in range of 240 to 254:
This new address will give the Calmotion device a static address of 192.168.1.240.
NOTE: Do not change the formatting of the contents text in the LANCNC.INI file.